Papaya provides numerous hair care benefits, which can be obtained by consuming the fruit on a regular basis or by using of hair care products that contain papaya as its main ingredient. Papaya shampoos can be used to control hair loss, to prevent dandruff and to make hair soft. According to hair care experts, using papaya for hair may help with removing build up and residue caused from cleansing products and chemicals and it also restores hair’s natural shine and softness.
Along with the Papain enzymes, it is also a good source of antioxidants and nutrients such as Vitamin C, Vitamin B, carotenes, flavonoids, fiber and minerals like magnesium and potassium. Papaya’s pulp is used as a fundamental constituent of many shampoos and facial creams.
(Buy Jiva Ayurveda Papaya Shampoo in India)
Benefits of papaya for hair:
- Papaya nourishes the hair shaft and creates the volume.
- Experts claim that papaya prevents balding, with its rich nutrients. It also helps in boosting hair strength and growth
- Papaya is very efficient in controlling and preventing dandruff
- Hair thinning can be controlled by adding papaya to your regular diet
- Papaya removes excess oil, chemical build up and dirt from your hair naturally
- Extracts of papaya leaf can be used as a hair conditioner, which adds shine to your dull and lifeless hair
- Papaya hair mask can make the hair strong and healthy and also prevents hair loss
- Split ends can be prevented and reduced by using papaya hair mask, since papaya is rich in proteins
How to make papaya hair mask:
Ripe papaya: 1 cup diced
Coconut oil: 1 tbsp
Yogurt: 1 tbsp
- Mix all the above ingredients and blend them together to make a very smooth paste like consistency
- Apply the mixture to damp hair
- Cover the hair with a surgical or shower cap
- Leave it for at least 20 minutes
- Rinse the hair thoroughly
- You can also add a deep conditioner, along with the ingredients to make your hair super soft
There are other ingredients that may be added to papaya when making a homemade treatment that may boost the benefits. For example, coconut milk and honey may be mixed together with papaya for a rich textured conditioner.
Papaya leaf powder can be infused in little warm water for few minutes and the solution can be used as hair conditioner to promote healthier hair, and to moisturize the hair.
How to make papaya leaf powder: You can make your own papaya leaf powder at home. Get a bunch of fresh papaya leaves and wash them thoroughly. Cut the leaves into tiny pieces. Allow them to dry naturally by placing them (keep them covered in a net) in hot sun for 2-3 days, or until they become crispy. Crush them once they are very dry. Store in a glass jar.
Mix one tbsp of papaya leaf powder in water and bring it to a boil. Let it cool and strain. Use the solution as a conditioner.