Girls everywhere love to have beautifully glossy, pin-straight hair — and they’ll do just about everything to achieve it. Now, there are a variety of hair irons available and it is very important to choose a right one for you. Not just straightening, but you can also style your hair with beautiful waves and curls using best hair straighteners.
How to Choose the Right Flat Iron:
- Temperature: Different hair types and different thicknesses of hair need their own type of flat iron. If you’ve got super thick and/or curly hair, it is good to use an iron set at between 380 and 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Medium-straight hair needs to be between 340 and 360. For fine and thin hair, you shouldn’t go above 350. It implies that you have to invest definitely on a flat iron with adjustable settings.
- Plate Size: The longer your hair is the wider the plates on your flat iron should be. Make sure the plates are made of good quality.
- Plate Material: When it comes to hair, positive ions in the air and on your tresses add up to damage, dryness and frizz. Traditional aluminum and plastic heat elements and plates should be avoided as they contribute to the positive ions that cause the damage. But certain elements such as tourmaline, titantium and ceramic prevent this damage and flat irons made of these materials are safer than other products. These elements keeps the tresses shinier after the ironing is done. The time it takes to complete the ironing becomes comparatively low with these materials and the hair damage will also be minimized.
- Ceramic: If an iron is described as “nano ceramic technology” that means there are only tiny particles of ceramic involved, which is not good. If an iron is “infrared” it includes ceramic, but if the label doesn’t say any description about ceramic, then it is to be understood that ceramic levels are low. Always make sure to choose an iron with ceramic plates but not ceramic coating.
- Tourmaline: is a semi-precious stone that is made into fine powder and coated to ceramic plates. Tourmaline coated ceramic results in smooth, shiny hair. The tourmaline even helps to seal moisture into your hair and counteracts frizz.
- Titanium: is a lightweight, low-density lustrous metal that offers high temperature stability. Compared to ceramic, titanium can heat up much faster, within seconds, while distributing the heat evenly throughout the surface. It also has a higher ionic charge that makes hair straight and sleek in lesser time.
It is always important to invest on a good flat iron since you are going to use it for over years and years. Choose a flat iron that includes adjustable heat settings, is made with ceramic, titanium or tourmaline, and is about 1-inch wide.
10 Best Hair Straighteners / Flat Irons available in USA:
- HSI Professional Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron 1 inch (BUY THIS) The Proffesional HSI Flat Iron is great for transforming frizzy, dull hair into gorgeously straight, sleek locks. The Proffesional HSI Flat Iron also curls and flips hair beautifully, its 1″ plates giving maximum control for all hair types. Moist ceramic heat with solid ceramic plates and coils will maintain even temperature.
2. Karmin G3 Salon Professional Ceramic Flat Iron (BUY HERE)
The karmin salon pro is perfect for both professional use as well as at home with features such as flash quick heating, a tangle-free swivel cord and temperature settings for all hair types. Whether you choose to curl, flip, straighten or add volume and body, the G3 is the only styling iron you will ever need.
- Advanced 100% Pure Tourmaline Ceramic plates.
- Professional grade heating element for flash quick heating.
- Negative ions and infrared heat (removes static) for silky shiny hair.
- Ion field technology (seals in natural oils).
- Variable temperature settings for all hair types. From 120°C (250°F) to 240°C (460°F).
- Worldwide Voltage 100-240V – Use your styler in any country.
- Floating plates.
- Won’t damage hair like other straighteners.
- Straighten, curl, flip and style your hair.
- 3 Year Warranty.
3) CHI Original 1″ Flat Hair Straightening Ceramic Hairstyling Iron. (BUY HERE)
Ceramic Hairstyling Iron by CHI reduces frizz and static electricity, creates silky shiny hair instantly and straightens, curls, flips and waves with the all-in-one ergonomic design.Uses far infrared heating to help reduce frizz and static.
4) BaByliss Pro Nano Titanium-Plated Straightening Iron (BUY THIS)
BaByliss is an ultra light weight flat iron with extra long plates and works great on thick, long hair. It features a built-in ionic generator and recessed LED electronic temperature controls. This tool performs up to 40% faster than many straightening irons available today. Nano Titanium is an exceptional conductor of heat. It maintains stability in ultra-high temperatures and emits negative ions in their most beneficial form for faster straightening, locking in the hair’s own natural moisture.
5) KIPOZI 1 Inch Pro Nano-Titanium Flat Iron (BUY THIS)
KIPOZI 1 Inch Pro Nano-Titanium Flat Iron features include advanced heater delivering a 450F Salon High Heat; Contoured Floating Plates glide through your hair smoothly for versatile, snag-free styling.
6) Solia Professional 1¼” Ceramic Flat Iron (BUY THIS)
The Solia Professional Flat Iron features 1¼” floating ceramic plates, which glide effortlessly over hair, evenly distributing heat for flawless results every time. With a variable temperature range from 170°F – 450°F, this iron produces the perfect level of heat for any hair type. Tourmaline technology generates gentle, consistent far-infrared heat with soothing negative ions to combat frizz and protect hair from damage. Get ready for soft, shiny, hassle-free hair in no time flat!
7) GHD Classic 1 Inch Styler (BUY THIS)
The perfect tool for all your hair styling needs. Its advanced ceramic heater technology makes the hair smoother and shinier. It has a universal voltage for consistent performance when traveling. The automatic shut off sleep mode switches off the flat iron if not used for 30 minutes. The round barrel design allows you to create curls, waves, and the perfect straight more easily. It comes with an extra long 9-Foot swivel cord for freedom during styling.
8) Remington S9520 Ceramic Hair Straightener with Pearl Infused Wide Plates, 2 Inch (BUY THIS)
Combining advanced technology, high-performance ceramic coating, and real crushed pearls, the Remington T|Studio Pearl Ceramic 2-Inch Straightener delivers professional, salon-quality results with each use. It quickly reaches a top heat of 450 degrees Fahrenheit and has precise digital controls with temperature lock so you can enjoy smooth, silky hair in just minutes. Remington’s luxurious Pearl collection harnesses the precious power of pearl and Advanced Ceramic technology to create hair you can’t help but touch.
9) xtava Infrared Flat Iron Hair Straightener (BUY THIS)
The xtava Pro Satin Infrared flat iron for hair feature leaves hair shiny and smooth with its 2 inch wide ceramic tourmaline floating plates, 10 temperature settings, universal dual voltage, 60 minute auto shut off function and heat resistant travel hair case.
10) Revlon Salon One Step Extra Long Straightening Heated Hair Brush (BUY THIS)
This expertly designed heated brush features an extra-long, ceramic-coated surface with a multi-dimensional combs and detangling bristles that gently glide through hair and get close to the roots, protecting hair from over-styling and locking in moisture, delivering silky smooth results. The superior ION GENERATOR delivers a constant stream of ions to provide maximum frizz control, brilliant shine and manageability. Brush your way to smooth straight results in just one easy step.