Whether you are a bride, a groom or a wedding guest. You want to look fabulous during the big events. Try these essential tips to take care of your beauty and look stunning with a natural glowing skin throughout the season.
Beauty tips for wedding season:
1. Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated and glowing. Hair needs water to be shiny and healthy. Make sure you drink at least 8 glasses of water in a day. Drink more water before you sleep. Start your day with a glass of water as soon as you wake up.
2. Use water in lukewarm or in room temperature for bathing. If the water is too cool or too hot, it may cause the capillaries to breakout. Hot water makes the skin very dry and also harms the skin.The natural collagen production of the skin gets damaged and skin faces premature ageing. Avoid long steamy baths.
3. Exfoliate your skin at least twice a week to remove dead cells. It keeps the skin healthy. Use a homemade scrub to exfoliate the the facial and body skin. Dry brush your body to exfoliate and improve blood circulation.
4. Use gentle soaps or natural products like powdered oats to bath daily. Gram flour is best substitute for soap. If your skin is oily, mix gram flour with a little lemon juice. If it is dry or normal, mix with milk. Make a thick paste and use as a soap. It deep cleanses the pores and keeps the skin fresh and younger looking.
5. Do anything that makes you sweat a lot at least twice a week. Find an activity that interests you as a way of your exercise. Sweating removes toxins from the body and pampers the skin. It is also a good way to remove dead cells and residues struck inside the pores. Use oatmeal powder mixed with curd to bath after excess sweating.
6. Avoid tanning and sunbathing to prevent blemishes, sunburn and premature ageing of skin.
8. Don’t just bath. Also condition your body just like you do for your hair. Apply a little raw honey over the skin after bathing and massage gently. Leave for 2-3 minutes and rinse with water. Honey is your skin’s best friend and it keeps it ever glowing.
9. Face masks do wonders for your skin. Find some time to apply natural face masks at least twice a week. They pamper your skin and keeps your face glowing. Click here to explore various homemade face masks for a beautiful skin. You can use kiwi, strawberry, cucumber, banana, coconut, cocoa, coffee tomatoes, honey, yogurt and many more natural ingredients as face masks.
10. Eat more fruits and foods rich in Omega-3. Fruits have high water content and are vitamin rich. They keep the skin hydrated. Omega-3 is very important if you want to keep the skin and hair healthy. The essential fatty acids in Omega-3 keep the skin hydrated and protect skin from the effects of free radicals.
11. Use sunscreen with broad spectrum UVA/UVB to protect the skin from the harmful effects of sun. These rays are the most effective skin aging factors that should always be avoided. Wear sunscreen even if you stay indoors. Carry your sunscreen with you and reapply every 3 hours.
13. Drink about one liter of coconut water daily and see the magic in few days. Check the change in your skin texture and get surprised.
14. Splash water or rose water on your face few times throughout the day.
15. For teeth whitening, use baking soda to rub your teeth daily. Mix a drop of water in a pinch of baking soda, apply over the teeth and rub gently and carefully to avoid injuring your gums.
16. Scrub your lips gently using sugar(with thin granules or powdered sugar). Mix 2-3 drops of olive oil in sugar and scrub the lips very gently. Do this daily before you sleep and apply fresh milk cream or a moisturizer.
17. Take extra care of your heels. Use petroleum jelly over the heels and wear socks during nights.
18. Apply castor oil over the eye lashes during nights. If you have at least one month of time, its enough to grow thicker lashes.
Papaya face pack: Mash a piece ripe papaya. Mix a tbsp honey and spread over the face. Leave for 15 minutes and rinse.
Cucumber face pack: Blend a peeled cucumber and spread over the face. Leave for 15 minutes and rinse.
Coconut: Mix coconut water and coconut milk your face packs. They heal the sunburn and lightens the darkened skin. These are also effective in treating dark circles around the eyes. Also use coconut milk as a hair pack.
Orange and multani mitti: Mix fresh orange juice in 2 tbsp of multani mitti to make a smooth paste. Apply over clean face and leave for 15 minutes or until it is dry. Rinse well with water.
For skin brightening bridal face masks, click here