Vitamin C is a popular ingredient used in skincare products. It fights free radicals and reduces ageing process by naturally boosting the collagen production. Vitamin C serums usually contain a high concentration of L-ascorbic acid.
It is usually advised by dermatologists to start using Vitamin C serums with concentration of 10% and gradually increase to 15-20%. Though the serum is oil-based, it is lighter in texture and does not feel oily. Some people with sensitive skin may feel irritation while using these serums. Yet there are also serums available which are meant for sensitive skins.
The Vitamin-C we take in our foods or as supplements keep our body healthy but it is not effective in increasing skin’s vitamin levels. As it is a water soluble vitamin, most of it is excreted through our body. Applying Vitamin-C topically is 20 times more effective on skin than taking internally.
Benefits of using vitamin-c serum on face:
- Rich in anti oxidants and protects the skin from cell damage.
- Renews and restores cells.
- Stimulates the synthesis of collagen and makes the skin firmer by reducing wrinkles.
- Fades scars effectively.
- Lightens and brightens skin complexion.
- Prevents sun damage.
- Decreases the risk of skin cancer.
- Doubles the effect of sunscreen when used along with sunscreen.
- Rejuvenates aged skin.
- Heals photo damaged skin.
- Reduces the appearance of brown spots.
- Results visible in 2-4 weeks usually.
How to apply?
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser and warm water.
- Leave the skin damp.
- Pour 3-4 drops of Vitamin C serum on your palm and apply gently n your face and neck using your finger tips. Gently massage in upward direction.
- Wait 3-5 minutes for the skin to absorb completely.
- Apply a moisturizer with spf once the serum on your face is dry.