Sun rays can harm your hair in many ways. It makes the hair brittle, frizzy and gradually hair color fades away towards graying 🙁 … Even few minutes of exposure to sun takes away all the moisture from your hair. Hair cuticles get damaged and the outer structure of hair gets worn off. Even the scalp gets sun damaged which affects root strength. As much as you take care of your skin while going out in sun, so much care does your hair needs too. Do remember that your hair and scalp needs sunscreen.
There are many SPF hair sprays and after sun treatment products in the market. Some of the best products are listed below:-
Top list of SPF for hair:-
1) Kerastase Soleil Micro Voile Protecteur:-
Usage:- Spray evenly over the whole hair, before or after exposure to the sun.
- Anti-frizz oils.
- Texturizing polymer for easy styling.
- UV filter: Known to protect from fibre photo-degradation caused by UV rays.
2. René Furterer Repairing After-Sun Mask with Palm Butter:-
Usage:- After shampooing, remove excess water and apply in sections. Comb through; leave on for 2-5 minutes and then rinse.
Active Ingredients and Benefits:-
- Palm butter: Nourishes and moisturizes
- ACimentrio® (complex of phytosterols, ceramides & essential fatty acids): Rebuilds structure of the hair keratin
- Cationic polysaccharides: Detangle hair
3)Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Moisture Mist (Aerosol):-
Usage:- Spray generously on hair and skin.
Lactic acid and Hawaiian awapuhi provide deep moisture and enhanced shine. Spirulina and plankton extracts rich in amino acids and vitamins make hair soft, hydrated and silky smooth, while sodium PCA balances moisture.
4) Aveda Sun Care Protective Hair Veil:-
Usage:-Spray evenly on dry or damp hair before and during sun exposure. Start with small amount and layer as needed—do not saturate hair. Reapply after swimming.
A lightweight, water-resistant UV defense mist that forms an invisible screen to help protect hair from sun exposure for up to 16 hours, to minimize color fadage, damage and dryness.
- part of a three-part defense and recovery system
- UVA/UVB filters derived from wintergreen and cinnamon bark oils help protect hair from sun damage
- anti-oxidizing blend of green tea extract, certified organic sunflower seed oil and vitamin E helps protect against free radicals
- certified organic shea butter, coconut and palm oils condition and detangle
- refreshing citrus aroma blend with neroli, ylang ylang and cistus
5)Wella Professionals Sun Protection Spray:-
Contains an innovative double-phase formula. Phase 1 effectively helps to protect the hair against UV rays while phase 2 contains a vitamin complex that hydrates the hair.
6)Redken Color Extend Sun Solar Screen:-
Hair remains soft and silky during hot summers. This is also ideal during monsoons to prevent hair from being rough and straw-like.
Most of the hair and scalp issues are due to sun damage. Over heat and UV rays of the sun damage the hair and also fades away the natural color of hair. Hair fall and dandruff also gets accelerated as the scalp gets sun burnt.
Unfortunately, in some countries like India, no such sunscreen products are available in hair care range and it gets very difficult to protect the hair from harsh sun. Most of the places in India are tropical zone and it is extremely hot and humid during monsoons as well as summers. Why these sun protection products are not available in India is not understandable.
But don’t worry girls. IBT brings you d.i.y sun protection hair spray to protect your tresses, for those who live in hot places like India and no products are available in the market.
DIY SPF HAIR SPRAY IN 3 SIMPLE STEPS:-
What is needed:-
- Your favorite body sunscreen lotion (SPF 30+ UVA, UVB protection).
- One small spray bottle.
How to make:-
- Add 1-2 tbsp of sunscreen lotion to the spray bottle
- Add one cup of plain water
- Shake well.
Mist spray into the hair and scalp and apply well using your hands. Use whenever you go out in sun.