There is no best alternative than giving your hair a healthy oil treatment, to prevent hair fall and baldness. If you are leading a stressful life, no time to take much care of yourself, have health issues or heredity factors of hair fall and baldness, then remember to take a small step as early as possible. Do not neglect even though you didn’t yet start to notice any symptoms of hair fall. Start caring far before you face hair thinning or alopecia.
Make a simple yet highly effective hair oil at home and use a tiny amount on the roots daily before bed. All you need is amla( Indian goose berry), curry leaves and coconut oil.
Amla- 1/2 cup
Coconut hair oil- 1 cup
Curry leaves- 1/2 cup
Clean and dry fresh curry leaves. Cut the flesh of amla and discard the seeds. Run the amla and curry leaves in a mixer without adding any water, until coarse.
Bring oil to a boil in a pan. Add the amla and curry leaves to it and let it boil on a low flame for about 1/2 hr or until the amla and curry leaves mixture is deeply fried or charred.
Let the oil cool to room temperature and then strain it. Collect the oil into a bottle and store.
Heat a small amount of oil and apply all over the scalp. Massage gently using fingers. Leave for 20 minutes or overnight. Repeat 1-2 times a week.
Simple tips to control hair fall:
- Mix 1/2 cup honey and 1/2 cup grated ginger. Place this in an airtight jar and store in a refrigerator. Take 1 tbsp daily in the morning.
- Take B-Vitamin supplements or fish oil capsules every day.
- Enrich your diet with vitamin-B rich foods.
- Add tender curry leaves to your veggie salads, soups or curries. Never discard curry leaves. Eat at least 5-6 curry leaves a day. You can also enjoy curry leaves juice if you like.
- Drink a cup of amla juice daily.
- Stop using chemical shampoos and products before it is too late.
- Mix 2 tbsp aritha powder, 2 tbsp shikakai powder, 2 tbsp bhringaraj powder, 2 tbsp amla powder, 2 tbsp methi powder and 2 tbsp hibiscus powder. (You can get all of them from Banjara’s). Add warm water and mix well. Let it soak for at least 1/2 hr. Add more water if required to make into a smooth paste. Apply all over the scalp and hair. Leave for 15-20 minutes and rinse well with plenty of water. Most of the dirt and excess oils gets removed and the scalp will be healthy and clear. Avoid shampooing your hair too often by following this simple remedy. Follow with a baby shampoo if you really need to wash.