Natural Remedies for Skin Pigmentation
Skin pigmentation is a big turn off. It can occur in people of all ages. It is caused due to excess or lack of melanin production in our skin. Melanin is a pigment which is responsible for the color of our skin. Skin pigmentation can be seen in the form of dark spots or light patches on the face, neck and arms. People, who have skin pigmentation, often suffer from low self esteem and they don’t like to socialize much.
Although there are many creams and lotions that claim to get rid of skin pigmentation, but they might contain chemicals which can be harsh on the skin. Listed below are some natural remedies for skin pigmentation:
1. Turmeric and lemon juice pack – Mix one tsp of turmeric to 1tsp of lemon juice and apply on the affected area. Leave the pack for about fifteen minutes and then wash off with cold water. This pack is best applied at bedtime, so that you don’t get exposed to sun after applying it.
2. Aloe Vera – If turmeric makes your skin itch, aloe vera gel can be of help to you. Apply aloe vera gel mixed with Vitamin E capsules before bedtime and get clearer- looking skin.
3. Milk & Honey – Just make a paste of milk and honey and apply on the affected area. Wash off after fifteen minutes. The lactic acid of milk works wonders for skin pigmentation.
4. Potato & sandalwood – Prepare a mixture of potato juice and sandalwood and apply on the affected areas. It works very effectively to get rid of dark spots.
5. Cucumber – Fade your dark spots with 1tbsp of cucumber juice mixed with 1tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp of honey.
To avoid further damage to your skin, always apply a good sunscreen lotion before stepping out in the sun and cover yourself.