With the arrival of winter all skin and hair problems start worrying you. Winter needs extra nourishment for the hair or otherwise your hair becomes prone to the bad weather. Dry and brittle hair, dandruff, hair fall, hair damage are common during winters. Yet the remedies are handy to protect the lustrous locks. IBT brings you a few most effective homemade treatments and tips for winter hair.
Tips to protect your hair:
- After a continuous use, your hair care regimen loses their effectiveness. Your hair gets too accustomed to your regular hair care regimen and gets desensitized to the active ingredients needed for keeping it protected. So it is a good idea to break up your hair routine every few weeks by using an alternate shampoo and conditioner for a day or two. This really can make a huge difference on how your hair looks and feels, and you can fall in love with your favorite products all over again.
- Keep the split ends trimmed and treat them carefully.
- Spend more on best conditioners. Good conditioners make a lot of difference.
- Use apple cider vinegar the same way as you use a conditioner at least twice a week for the shine boost.
- Mix virgin coconut oil with equal parts lime juice. Apply liberally, cover with a shower cap and leave in for at least 15 minutes. Shampoo as usual. Use this hair treatment at least once a week to protect your hair from getting damaged and also to restore the damaged hair.
Some Homemade Hair Masks:
Hair and scalp needs extra nourishment since the regular ingredients become less active due to long term use. The natural treatments can effectively work, making your tresses beautiful and shiny. Using the homemade hair masks at least once in a week can work wonders for your hair, by controlling the hair fall and making it healthy and shiny. Take care- Hair masks can be a little messy and the floor may be slippery when you start washing your hair.
- Olive Oil Hair Mask: Massage a olive oil into the hair and scalp. Use a wide-toothed comb to spread evenly. Cover hair with a shower cap for 15-20 minutes, then rinse well. Shampoo as usual.
- Honey and Egg Yolk Hair Mask: Mix well 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 egg yolk. Apply to hair, spread evenly with a wide toothed comb, cover with shower cap and leave on for 30 minutes. Rinse and shampoo as usual.
- Honey and ACV Hair Mask: Mix 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar. Apply to hair and spread evenly. Cover with a shower cap and leave for at least 30 minutes. Rinse well and shampoo.
- Oatmeal and Almond oil Hair Mask: Mix well 1 tbsp oatmeal powder, 1 tbsp milk and 1 tbsp almond oil to make a paste. Apply this to hair and leave for at least 15 minutes by covering with a shower cap. Rinse with water and use mild shampoo.
- Strawberry and Mayonnaise Hair Mask: Mash 8-10 medium strawberries and mix with 1 T mayonnaise. Apply to hair, cover with a shower cap for 30 minutes, rinse and shampoo as usual.