Though there are several most effective home remedies to try at home for the dry and chapped lips, you may not be able to try those when you are away from home. Harsh winter days are approaching making the skin and lips dry and scaly. You need to add a good lip balm into your hand bag to protect your lips whenever you need through out the day.
Lip balms usually contain alcoholic acids and other chemicals which can dry the lips and make more worse. When you smear it on your lips you may feel your lips moisturized and supple, but the chemicals in it often makes the lips get addicted to lip balm i.e., your lips will be good only when you are wearing lip balm. This is not healthy for the lips. Some people find that several lip balms turn their lips darker.
So, here is a homemade lip balm for chapped lips, using beeswax and essential oils. This is simple to make and works great to heal the lips.
Ingredients to make the lip balm:-
- 1 tbsp Beeswax
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil or Olive oil.
- Few drops of honey.
- Any essential oils of your choice. (Rose hip oil is used here)
- vitamin-E oil.
How to make:-
- Melt the beeswax by heating it in a bowl on low heat, along with the sesame oil or olive oil, until it melts properly. Stir frequently.
- Once it is completely melted, add a few drops of essential oil, 2-3 drops of honey and 2-3 drops of vitamin-E oil and mix well.
- Pour this solution into a small lip balm container.
- It starts hardening very quickly. So work fast once it is melted.
- Let it cool until it becomes firm.
- Your lip balm is ready to use :))