Blackheads are a menace for one and all. They appear usually during teens and cause a lot of embarrassment. They are actually the precursors of pimples and are caused due to accumulation of oil and dirt on the surface of the skin. Although there are many treatments to get rid of blackheads but those may prove to be harsh on the skin.
Here, we list down a few home remedies to get rid of blackheads:
- Apply Toothpaste – Just apply a very thin layer of toothpaste on the blackheads and leave it to dry for 20-25 minutes. Wash your face with lukewarm water. You may repeat this procedure every two weeks and the blackheads will be gone.
- Eggs to burst blackheads – Mix two egg whites with a table spoon of honey and half a teaspoon of lemon juice and apply over the blackheads. Leave for about 30 minutes and then wash away with warm water.
- Yoghurt Face Scrub – Mix yoghurt with salt, honey and lemon juice. Scrub your face gently using this mixture and exfoliate your skin naturally.
- Exfoliate with besan – Mix gram flour (Besan) with crushed almonds and milk to exfoliate the blackhead affected area.
- Aloe Vera – Aloe vera juice is very effective in removing blackheads. You just need to apply the juice to the affected area for 15-20 minutes and then wash with warm water.
- Turmeric mixture – Mix turmeric (haldi) with mint juice (pudina) and apply over the affected area. This mixture also helps to heal the affected area.
- Milk – Just apply a little bit of milk over the blackheads and scrub away the blackheads using a soft towel. Not to be used on sensitive skin.
So, now you can say goodbye to blackheads without the fear of causing any irritation to your skin with harsh chemicals!