If you ever realize that you hide your smile because you don’t want to show your discolored teeth, then no more worries for you. There are many teeth whitening treatments ranging from whitening gels to bleaching strips. Laser teeth whitening is an advanced dental treatment done by an expert professional. Let us discuss in detail the procedure, results and care involved in this treatment:
Laser Teeth Whitening:
Laser teeth whitening is a hassle free, quick and effective whitening treatment when compared to other methods. As your age increases, the enamel gets damaged and the mineral structure of the teeth changes. Due to this teeth gets discolored into yellow, green or brown. Some habits like smoking, certain medications and foods also stain the teeth.
While the regular whitening treatment needs several sittings, Laser teeth whitening takes about 1 hour and a single sitting. It comes out with best results with less discomfort. However. if teeth is extremely stained, you may need an additional sitting.
- Dental cleaning is done to remove the stubborn plaque and dirt.
- Vaseline is applied to lips.
- Cheek retractors were inserted to protect cheeks and mouth from exposing to laser.
- A gingival barrier is applied to gums to protect from laser exposure.
- An activator gel and a base gel for whitening are mixed together in recommended quantities and applied over the surface of dry teeth.
- Safety eye glasses worn by the professional as well as the patient.
- Laser will be activated to treat 4-5 teeth at a time, for about 30 seconds. This procedure is repeated to cover all the teeth.
- The laser process is repeated again on all the teeth.
- Now the gel on the teeth is left for some time. This helps the teeth to absorb the laser-activated hydrogen peroxide. This allows a continued whitening.
- Now the gel is removed carefully.
Laser whitening is commonly done today in clinics and is very effective. It gives best results without causing tooth sensitivity. The degree of whiteness depends upon the type of stains, enamel thickness, tooth structure and age of the patient.
Cost in India:
Laser teeth whitening treatment can cost anywhere between Rs.25000 to Rs.50000 in India.
#For at home teeth whitening methods, click here