Apples (Red or Green) are rich in Potassium which is an excellent Astringent and Moisturizer. It maintains the skin’s moisture and sebum in proper concentration. Potassium plays a greater role in hydrating the skin which is why apple extracts are incredibly used in many skin care products. There is nothing else available in nature as great as potassium which is a hydrating ingredient.
Apples are also a rich source of Malic acid and Ascorbic acid which purifies the skin by deeply cleaning and killing the bacteria.
Malic Acid :-
- It is an essential anti ageing element. One of the main functions of Malic acid is to maintain the pH of the skin.
- It is used in skin peeling products in par with the alpha-hydroxy acids, which are used in curing acne and dark spots.
- The lab-made chemical malic acid is allergic on sensitive skin, but the natural rich malic acid present in the apple is very safe and effective.
- Adcorbic Acidor Vitamin C is an essential component for production of Collagen.
- Research shows that topical application of Vitamin C rebuilds the skin surface.
- It is a powerful anti-oxidant which rejuvenates the skin, prevents photo-ageing and cures damaged skin.
- Apple also contains Glycolic Acid which removes the dead skin cells. This is rich in Green Apples.
- This is also a potent compound for skin peeling and rebuilding skin surface. in a natural way.
- It reduces the dark spots, wrinkles and fine lines to a great extent.
- It reduces the size of skin pores and makes the skin look youthful.
Simple Apple Face Mask For All Skin Types:-
- Cut an apple (red or green) into pieces and blend in a mixer to make a a paste.
- Add 2-3 tbsp honey to it.
- Mix well and apply over the face and neck.
- Leave for 20 minutes and wash with plain water.
- Regular use will maintain your skin health and keeps your face glowing.
- The remaining mixture can be stored in a refrigerator for later use.
For Excessively Oily Skin:-
- If your skin is very oily and acne prone, then use green apple with lemon.
- Make a paste of green apple in a blender.
- Mix 2-3 tbsp of lemon juice in it.
- Apply over face and neck and leave for 20 minutes.
- Wash with cold water and use 2-3 times a week.
- This paste can also be mixed with Fuller’s Earth and used as a Face mask.