Dark Chocolate Face Mask Benefits:
Chocolate contains flavonoids and polyphenols which are antioxidants that protect your skin and help reduce lines and wrinkles. Dark chocolate is chock full of vitamins and antioxidants, making it an excellent foundation for a DIY face mask. It also contains caffeine, a de-puffing ingredient often added to skincare products.
When purchasing chocolate, be sure to check the ingredients on the label. If the ingredients show sugar or milk first, you are not getting a high enough cacao content to reap the benefits. Use chocolate with at least 70 percent cocoa content.
- 1/8 cup raw honey
- 3 – 5 squares dark chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground oatmeal (you can grind it in a blender)
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- Mix all ingredients into a smooth, creamy paste.
- Massage into face in a gentle, circular motion.
- Leave on 15 minutes and rinse thoroughly with warm water.
Store the remaining facial mask in a refrigerator for later use.