Coconut oil has been used for skin care since times immemorial. It forms the base ingredient for various moisturizers that are available in the market. Not only is it an excellent moisturizer, it is also antifungal and antibacterial in nature. Many skin infections can be treated with coconut oil very effectively.
Some of the uses of coconut oil are listed below:
- To eliminate burn marks – What most creams can’t do, coconut oil can do in a few days. Regular application of coconut oil on the burnt skin area helps to make them disappear very fast.
- Removal of eye makeup – Eyes are the mirrors of the soul and we love to beautify our eyes. However, after the celebration we face a big challenge when we need to remove eye makeup. Coconut oil can breaks down the toughest waterproof eye makeup without leaving the skin feeling dry.
- To prevent stretch marks – Pregnancy leaves ugly stretch marks on the skin. Apply coconut oil on the stomach, thighs and breasts from the fourth month till the end of your pregnancy. It helps to prevent and soften stretch marks.
- Helps to reduce wrinkles – Regular application of coconut oil helps to soften the wrinkles and fine lines from the face.
- Softens chapped lips – Coconut oil is an excellent lip balm. It softens chapped lips, keeps them hydrated and even offers sun protection.
- Works on diaper rashes – Coconut oil can be applied on the soft skin of your baby to heal mild diaper rashes.
- An effective aftershave lotion – Coconut oil is also an effective after shave lotion and doesn’t give any rashes. It can also be used as a shaving cream. It makes the razor glide really smoothly.
We have listed just a few of the numerous benefits of coconut oil above. Please feel free to send in your inputs. We’d love to share them with all our readers.