Environment has a big impact on human skin and it is very important to take care of your skin, keeping in mind the weather conditions. Steaming hot summer is already on its way and the harmful UV rays are getting more and more aggressive. Skin care regimen during summer months should be adopted very carefully basing on your skin conditions.
Humidity, heat, blazing sun and dangerous ultra violet radiation harm the outer most layers of skin during summer. Your skin needs more care and protection to keep it healthy and glowing.
Here are some unique beauty tips for summers to protect your skin from sun damage.
13 Essential Summer Beauty Tips:
1. Use sunscreens from good brands like Neutrogena, Sebamed, Ranbaxy or Glytone, with SPF above 30. Use sunscreen lotion or spray liberally and repeat every 3 hours, even when you stay indoors if you expose to excessive heat and sunlight.
2. If your skin is acne prone, you face a lot of problem in summers. Humidity makes the skin more oily and more acne prone. Even normal or dry skins face acne issues during summers. Always carry oil blotting sheets with you and use as often as you can to keep your face clean and fresh. Follow up with a good sunscreen every time you wipe your skin. If possible, use salicylic face wash in every 3-4 hours to deep clean the pores.
3. Use apple cider vinegar as a toner during summers. Mix together one tablespoon apple cider vinegar and two cups water. Moisten a cotton ball, and swipe the mixture over a clean, dry face to tighten skin.
After shampooing and conditioning, mix two tablespoons apple cider vinegar with one cup water and pour all over your scalp and hair, massage, leave for 2-3 minutes and rinse. It removes all the product buildup and keeps the scalp healthy. It prevents dandruff and also heals the sun damaged scalp.
4. Drink plenty of water. Eat fruits like watermelon and drink more juices.
5. Switch to over sized sun shades during summers. They protect your eyes and also the skin around your eyes from harmful radiation.
6. Tame frizzy hair with a tooth brush. Spray your hair product on the tooth brush and gently tame the surface to avoid frizz.
7. If you suffer from oily skin, milk of magnesia might actually be your miracle worker. Put it on after your moisturizer before your daily makeup routine for shine free skin. Apply a thin layer of this product on your face with a cotton ball. This has oil-blotting properties that can reduce oil production during summers. It keeps the makeup fresh for longer time.
8. Add 2-3 drops of peppermint essential oil to your cream or lotion before using on face or body. It helps prevent sunburns and keeps the skin healthy.
9. Use baby powder for sun rashes.
10. After washing clothes, squeeze one spoon of lemon juice to water used to rinse. This helps prevent sweat smell and keeps you fresh all day.
12. Use coarse sugar powder to scrub your lips gently to avoid chapping because of the dry and harsh air during summers.
13. Keep your feet soft by soaking in lukewarm water mixed with acid cider vinegar and peppermint essential oil.